cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection attempt failed. Please try again. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on Windows XP SP3 -

ashokr001
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to connect with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on Windows XP SP3 getting the following error:

Function: CTransportWinHttp::SendRequest

File: .\CTransportWinHttp.cpp

Line: 1170

Invoked Function: HttpSendRequest

Return Code: 806 (0x00000326)

Description: WINDOWS_ERROR_CODE

Function: CTransportWinHttp::SendRequest

File: .\CTransportWinHttp.cpp

Line: 1178

Invoked Function: CTransportWinHttp::handleRequestError

Return Code: -30015479 (0xFE360009)

Description: CTRANSPORT_ERROR_UNEXPECTED

and finally I get the following message:

Function: ConnectMgr::processIfcData

File: .\ConnectMgr.cpp

Line: 2763

Invoked Function: ConnectMgr::processIfcData

Return Code: -30015443 (0xFE36002D)

Description: CTRANSPORT_ERROR_CONN_UNKNOWN

Connection attempt failed.  Please try again.

Any ideas, thanks,

Ashok.

14 Replies 14

shelmle01
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  I uninstalled Windows XP SP3 and am still having the same error message.

Hi,

Could you please post the DART when the connection failure happens. please clear all previous logs , test the anyconnect and then take  a DART and post.

Regards,

~Harry

shelmle01
Level 1
Level 1

I've created the DART and am ready to post. Please advise on how/where to post.

Regards,

Stan Helmle

Message was edited by: Stanley Helmle I've attached the DART bundle.

Hi Stanley,

Could you please enable the 3des encryption on you firewall and then try to connect ?

Regards,

~Harry

I'm assuming you mean on the client end.  If you're talking about the host end, I will need to get the network administrator involved. 

This is only happening on Windows XP clients (both SP2 and SP3). How do I proceed with your request to 'enable the 3des encryption' on a Windows XP client?  This error does not occur on Windows 7 nor on iPad or iPhone attempts.

Also, keep in mind that I will need detailed guidance.  I'm a software developer not very proficient in networking tasks.

Regards,

Stan

Hi Stanley,

my apologies for not being descriptive, i meant the server end, not the client end. please ask you firewall administrator to enable 3des encryption on his firewall and test. in case you handle the firewall / vpn server, let me know i can send in the required steps.

Regards,

~Harry

Hi Harry,

I only wish I were more up to speed on all of the security technology. I will contact the network administrator and pass your request to him.  I will let you know the results (probably later today).

Here is a little background on this issue (optional reading).  All clients worked fine up until around the end of September 2013. Then, a rash of Windows updates came along.  Around Sept. 20th, I noticed I could no longer connect using the VPN.  So, I uninstalled (Mobility Client) but was not able to re-install as the https://site was not longer able to be reached.  I got the standard Microsoft 'Diagnose Connection Problems'.  So I manually installed the 'Mobility Client' but only get errors.  However, I'm only guessing at the 'AnyConnectProfile.xml'.  I may have the settings all wrong.  Don't know.

We also noticed that all of our Windows 7 clients work fine.  None of the Windows XP clients work any longer.  I figured it was 'time to upgrade' all of our Windows XP clients.

Regards,

Stan

Hi Stan,

cool , feel free to let me know the results.

The reason windows 7 and above are able to connect is because they support "AES" encryption algorithm, which is a bit higher in hierarchy , which windows XP does not supports, so we have to get the encryption level down to 3des (don;t worry, it's very well safe with this too) so that xp can connect.

Regards,

~Harry

*rate helpfull posts*

Harry,

This has been very helpful. Now we know the issues and can determine if it's time to remove Windows XP from our support policy.

Regards,

Stan

Harry,

I wanted to report back that enabling 3des encryption on the firewall did the trick.  I am able to connect with Windows XP SP3 again.  I haven't tried the Windows XP SP2 box, but expect it will work as well.

I would like to give you a very high rating but don't know how to do that.  So, I will say a great big thanks for helping us with this issue.  You will make many users (who still are running Windows XP) very happy!  I'm glad to say this issue was resolved and had a happy ending!

Regards,

Stan

Hi Stanley,

good to hear, and you are welcome, for rating, please see the stars at the bottom of the discussion.

Also please mark this post as Resolved,

Happy to help

~Harry

One of these days, I'm going to figure this out.  I got the Ratings part, but where do I mark this'Resolved'? Honest, I've looked all over the site.  I know I will be embarrassed when someone points it out...

Stan

Hello Harry,

Our company's XP's pc's also experienced this same issue. You nailed it! Awesome fix! I enabled 3Des on the firewall, XP users happy! Thanks You for sharing! 

Joe

Thanks a lot for the useful insight Harry.You are the best.

I am facing the same issue on my XP laptop.Unable to vpn in after network team made some changes over the weekend.

Can you send the complete list of steps on how to make changes at server end for enabling the 3des encryption? Turns out the network team isn't aware of how to make those changes them self.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: