Views
Helpful
Replies

Default route propegation

Bauer Chris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to configure a new ASA ( Version 8.3(2) ) with EIGRP enabled on the inside interface along with RRI. However, I do not want to redistribute or listen for a default route. I have verified the config below prevents the ASA from learning  default route should the outside interface go down, but it is still redistributing itself as a potential default gateway. Is it possible to prevent this?

router eigrp 2801

no auto-summary

no default-information in

no default-information out

network 131.183.0.0 255.255.0.0

passive-interface default

no passive-interface inside

redistribute static

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Have you tried to create a filter list (distribute or prefix-list) to filter the default route from being advertised?

Federico.

I did try a distribute list and a route map, but was unable to get the syntax correct. Any advice on how I could set this up is appreciated.

Thanks!

If you have access via ASDM...

Configuration - Device Setup - Routing - EIGRP - Default Information

You can create a rule to filter the propagation of the default information route.

Federico.

I attempted to do this, but adding a filter for 0.0.0.0 matches all routes causing all of my statics inserted via RRI to be blocked.

It looks like a route-map may be the only way to do this, and even then I have not been able to get this working.

I was able to get this working, but it appears I will have to declare each remote network in the access list and pay attention to the ordering. Here is what worked.

distribute-list eigrpACL_FR out interface inside

was added to the EIRGP config, and the access list reads as follows -

access-list eigrpACL_FR standard permit 10.1.0.0 255.255.255.0

access-list eigrpACL_FR standard deny any

Not what I had hoped for, but it works. Thanks for the assistance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: