cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment of NAM module silently while on VPN

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are in the process of testing deployment of NAM with SCCM.  If the user is on VPN they are disconnected during the install, can this be prevented?  Our goal is to deploy the NAM module on our workstations/laptops prior to any 802.1X enforcement.  We currently have the ISE in monitoring mode and only a few ports configured for 802.1X allowing MAB as well.  I have deployed a policy for both wired and wireless that allows for 802.1X.  I have not removed the laptop from our corporate network and attempted to join a non corp wireless network.  How does Anyconnect NAM react if there is no corp network available, will it use a predefined "home" network and allow the users to connect as they normally would?

Thanks,

Joe

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NAM installation will always result in an interruption of connectivity. I don't believe there's any way around that as it is replacing the native OS network driver / service.

If you have NAM installed (and set to prefer the corporate network) and the user is off-net and off-VPN, they will still be able to connect to their local network without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: