Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Contributor

Disabling Connection Profile Question

Hello All,

We are going to turn-off our iPsec VPN client and want to "disable" it first, before we completely remove it.

So I was wondering if I could achieve this by just unchecking the option "IPsec Enabled" under each connection profile in:

ASDM > Configuration > Network (Client) Access > IPsec(IKev1) Connection Profiles

Would unchecking that IPsec Enabled option for each profile prevent anyone from logging in with the IPsec client? Or is there a better way to disable it?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Disabling Connection Profile Question

Yes that's the best way. It will prevent the ASA from listening for the incoming IPsec VPN establishment requests.

Of course it won't give your users any notification except for a generic "connection failed" type of error message from the client. So you should communicate the service retirement via other means as well.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Yes that's the best way. It will prevent the ASA from listening for the incoming IPsec VPN establishment requests.

Of course it won't give your users any notification except for a generic "connection failed" type of error message from the client. So you should communicate the service retirement via other means as well.

Contributor

Hey Marvin, thanks for the reply.

Ok, great. I'll do it that way then, by disabling IPsec for the connection profiles. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

-Matt

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- Introduction to Network Design