Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN with Firewalls for IPSEC

Hello All,

I have a scenario that I want a secure connection between Headquarter and Branches using DMVPN. However, I need that the DMVPN functionality to be used only for tunnel concentration. For IPSEC I need to use firewalls following security team's instructions.

Is this scenario possible?

Thanks in advanced.

Luciane 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but DMVPN is not supported on Cisco Firewalls only on Cisco routers. Therefore you'd have to implement DMVPN with NHRP and IPSec on the routers, the routers could be positioned behind the firewall though, allowing through only the relevant ports/protocols.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but DMVPN is not supported on Cisco Firewalls only on Cisco routers. Therefore you'd have to implement DMVPN with NHRP and IPSec on the routers, the routers could be positioned behind the firewall though, allowing through only the relevant ports/protocols.

HTH

Hi RJI, 

It's right. 

Thank you so much for your feedback. 

Luciane Batista

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: