Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ISP in the ASA 5505

a.abbasnezhad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a problem with my ASA 5505. It has a sec+ license. I wanna configure the firewall for two active internet links. In the router we can source route two networks and change the next hop based on source network via PBR. I have found the ASA is different and can't work like a router. I really need to put both of my active isp links in the firewall and source routing too. Can any body help me? Any tricks or real solution? you know that I don't need to make one of the internet links as a backup one.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steveahughes
Level 1
Level 1

PBR was introduced in 9.4 I believe. Unfortunately the ASA 5505 is only capable of running 9.2 code.  You will have to upgrade to a newer ASA, perhaps the 5506, 5508, 5512 or 5516.  Hope this helps...

-Steve Hughes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Metin Ozturk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You can not do load-balancing on the ASA. You have to use a router to do this.

Metin

steveahughes
Level 1
Level 1

PBR was introduced in 9.4 I believe. Unfortunately the ASA 5505 is only capable of running 9.2 code.  You will have to upgrade to a newer ASA, perhaps the 5506, 5508, 5512 or 5516.  Hope this helps...

-Steve Hughes

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

Policy based routing was introduced in version 9.4. The 5505 is and has been end of life for some time now and cannot be upgraded past 9.2. You will need to upgrade your firewall to perform PBR. However, you can use both ISPs by manipulating the routing table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: