cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy vpn connection drops

christfort
Level 1
Level 1

I have replaced our PIX with a new asa 5505 firewall. I use this firewall as easyvpn client to connect to head-office PIX unit.VPN tunnel establishes without problems but after 1 to 3 minutes the tunnel drops. When replacing the asa with the old pix, all is well. Is the ASA not able to connect to the pix or is my config wrong? output from show config attached.

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

use :

debug crypto conditio peer [ip address of the vpn peer]

debug cry isa 127

debug crypto ipsec 127

attach the outputs at the time of the issue !

cheers .

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Parminder Sian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas,

When does the connection drops, when the tunnel is idea or during traffic flow?

If it drops when no traffic is passing then try adding command "crypto isakmp keepalive 20"

Try this first and let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps,

Sian

Hi Sian,

The connection drops even when in use. We use the connection for remote desktops, and the connection allways drops after 2 to 3 minutes, even when working on remote desktop.

I tried your suggestion "crypto isakmp keepalive 20" all the same, however this didn't help.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thomas

use :

debug crypto conditio peer [ip address of the vpn peer]

debug cry isa 127

debug crypto ipsec 127

attach the outputs at the time of the issue !

cheers .

Enclosed please find output from above debug commands.

Regards

Thomas

Hi Mohammad,

Have you had the time to check my above file? I still have not resolved the issue, despite I by accident pressed the 'Correct answer' link.

Regards,

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: