cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange over VPN connecting problems

ruben
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to Cisco AnyConnect v2.3.0254 Outlook on the clients will not connect to the Exchange like before.

I can RDP and Ping det exchange server, but Outlook won't connect. Even more strange is that after 10-30 min's of "waiting" Outlook suddenly connects and everything works perfect for the rest of the VPN session.

I have noticed that pinging the exchange server right away after VPN connects don't get any replay, while pinging the VPN router itself does. If I wait for about 30 seconds and ping the exchange server again it replays. It might get sense for some of you...?

5 Replies 5

darkbeatzz
Level 1
Level 1

are they vista clients?

Yes, Vista 64-bit

I have seen this before with checkpoint secure remote but it may work for you also as its more of an issue with rpc and vpn clients.

I implemented method 2 and it resolved the issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899148

let me know how it goes

The following registry key was not there, but I created it (along with the string Server2003NegotiateDisable), however no better result.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Rpc

After that I did allow all traffic for a short period through the firewall with no better result.

I have run "outlook /rpcdiag" and see that no rpc prossess connects. So the problem is around rpc.

I'm getting short of idéas here...

Also I still can't understand why pinging the server wan't respond before 30-60 sec of waiting after VPN connection is established (while pinging all other servers on the same net responds on first attempt).

suggest running tcpudmp or wireshark on client machine to see whats happening to the traffic.

http://stuffmate.com/download/tcpdump_for_windows/

post the output here if you want me to review

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: