Views
Helpful
Replies

failover Link set up

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

HI

See attached file my question is I have a vpn router on a remote site which peers with our internal vpn router at our main site, we also have a broadband connection at remote site, Q. how could I set this up so if main link across VPN goes down the traffic then goes over broadband connection.???

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

How you configured your actual L2L?

You have different solution:

- changing default route to go over your broadband if your primary internet goes down (you also need to an eem to clear the actual crypto, to ensure it will work fine)

- configuring your L2L using VTI capability. Then you can have 2 tunnels always up and manage the primary vs secondary based on routing OR also no shut the 2nd tunnel interface by EEM if primary internet goes down.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can make 2 Tunnels UP from remote site to main office, and using IP SLA track the Tunnel 0  - Main one the one working.

if that fails to IP SLA can move to Tunnel1

Since we dont know the device to office exact config : here is the reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/12_2y/12_2yx11/feature/guide/ft_vpnha.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: