cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failure reason reported by vpn gateway no license in windows 10

anubhav1
Level 1
Level 1

As I downloaded anyconnect available on windows store. Now getting failure to connect using it. I attached screenshot. 

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Can you confirm that the VPN gateway, which you are trying to access has the appropriate licenses installed for the type of vpn connection you are trying to establish?

How you will retrieve this information depends on the type of vpn device in use.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

Hi,

I have an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license on my 5520. I am unable to connect to my vpn gateway on my win10 client using anyconnect from the windows store. It says, "Failure reason reported by VPN gateway: no license The connection attempt failed"

ilperez
Level 1
Level 1

Odd that over a year later, there is no further response on this.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To use AnyConnect clients with an ASA 5520 one would have to have installed either the AnyConnect Essentials or Premium (old license styles) or the newer AnyConnect Plus or Apex licenses.

I don't recall there being any such license type as "VPN Plus". There was a "Security Plus" license - that one included IPsec VPN but not SSL VPN licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: