Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware update and certificate

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi ,

I would like ask about iOS upgrade.I would like to upgrade my iOS of router .Let me know after flashed the firmware my config and old certificate will be gone?
Do I need to create new public and need to install new certificate again.I am using this certificate for ipsec.Let me know any impact?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi
A firmware update of a router should not remove the certificate, however erasing the configuration would. If you are concerned however, you could just export the certificate to back it up and then re-import it if required. That would save having to request a new certificate.
HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi
A firmware update of a router should not remove the certificate, however erasing the configuration would. If you are concerned however, you could just export the certificate to back it up and then re-import it if required. That would save having to request a new certificate.
HTH

Hi,

Let me know what is different between below upgrade process ?

copy file usb to flash

boot-start-marker
boot system bootflash:xxx.bin
boot-end-marker
no ip bootp server

exit

boot system flash bootflash:xxx.bin
config-reg 0x2102
exit

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Post question in routing group?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: