Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexVPN with certificate-based AAA authentication on IR829 clients routers

Antho_Balitrand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear CISCO community ! 

I need some help regarding FlexVPN configuration. 

I have a "central" router used as a VPN concentrator for several IR829 routers (4G mobile routers). 

Those routers use rsa-sig authentication on their ikev2 profile. The certificate is then checked by our "central" router. 

I would ilke to offload the authentication for those FlexVPN on ISE. I saw several configuration examples for anyconnect authentication, but not for client routers using certificates. 

Could you help? 

Anthony 

3 Replies 3

Hi,

RADIUS would be used for Authorization, authentication of certificates would still be between routers. This example here shows the configuration of FlexVPN routers and ISE for authorization.

HTH

Hi ! 

Thanks for your answer. So there's no way to offload the complete process (authentication + authorization) to an external AAA server ? 

Antho

Hi,
If you are using certificate authentication, the authentication is always between the routers themselves. External RADIUS is for authorization....you could still use the RADIUS server to permit/deny the session - this would be in addition to the authentication of the certificates between the routers.

HTH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: