cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting old .pkg file after deleting from flash

alan.ambers
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded both my ASA and the Anyconnect software.  I had anyconnect 2.5.2001 and went up to 2.5.3055 which isn't a big jump.

I deleted the old from flash and added the new.  However, I did not change the svc image statement.

In my testing, I deleted the VPN client off my laptop and downloaded/installed again.  It installed the 2.5.2001 version *which wasn't on the flash*.

Any idea what happened here?

To take care of my issue, I just updated the svc image to point to the new image and it worked.

BTW, in cleaning this up, I typed the svc image command to the old version (2.5.2001) and it said it couldn't find it which make sense.

So any idea where it could have gotten the code to have downloaded it after I deleted it from flash?

Thanks!

/alan

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just a guess but Windows 7 often archives downloaded installer files on your local hard drive for use in the even that a future reinstall repair or uninstall is requested.

It's one of the hidden + protected OS directories - C:\Windows\Installer by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: