cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wifi access to Public VPN (ASA-5510)

bwooden
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ASA 5510 that has the following setup:

interface Ethernet0/0

nameif outside

security-level 0

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.240 (fake IP address for obvious reasons)

interface Ethernet0/1

nameif inside

security-level 100

ip address 192.168.0.200 255.255.0.0

interface Ethernet0/2

nameif guest

security-level 100

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.0.0

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

nat (guest) 0 access-list nonat

nat (guest) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

-------------------------------

What would I need to do in order for a guest Wifi (eth0/2) client to be able to access our VPN that is configured on the outside interface?  This is a Cisco AnyConnect VPN setup using the mobile client.  As it is, they get DNS from the WAP and try to connect to "vpn.mysite.com" which resolves to the public IP (outside interface) of my ASA. 

When I was first asked to allow this change I thought it would be a simple NAT rule but I think I am missing something as I can't seem to get this to work.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They won't be able to VPN to the outside interface IP Address from the guest network as it is by design not allowed.

They would need to connect to the guest interface ip address to be able to VPN to the ASA from guest network, and you would need to enable AnyConnect on the guest interface as well. "vpn.mysite.com" should then need to resolve to the guest interface ip address when they are connecting via the guest interface.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They won't be able to VPN to the outside interface IP Address from the guest network as it is by design not allowed.

They would need to connect to the guest interface ip address to be able to VPN to the ASA from guest network, and you would need to enable AnyConnect on the guest interface as well. "vpn.mysite.com" should then need to resolve to the guest interface ip address when they are connecting via the guest interface.

sorry this took so long for me to reply, but this was the correct answer and worked perfectly.

thank you

Thanks for the update and glad it's working perfectly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: