Views
Helpful
Replies

hardware requirements for HUB DMVPN

r.randriamanana
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

is everyone may confirm that the 1841 below can support as dmvpn HUB for 3 spoke?

Cisco 1841 (revision 6.0) with 222208K/39936K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FCZ10xxxxxxx
2 FastEthernet interfaces
1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
191K bytes of NVRAM.
126000K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Thanks in advanced,

Rj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, 1 MBit is easy for a 1841.

15.0(1)M10 is the actual release under 15.0 and 15.1(4)M10 is the Cisco suggested release. I would upgrade the router before going live if possible. If you don't have any support-contract, the running IOS should also be fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yes, you can use this device as a DMVPN-Hub (I used it many years ago for a hub and for many spokes). But there are some things to consider:

• You need at least an Advanced Security Image/license.
  • You should run the newest IOS which is 15.1(4)M10. DMVPN is also supported on older IOS-versions, but the new software has a good combination of DMVPN-features and stability.
  • Don't expect much throughput. The 1841 is a little bit outdated and not very fast. What is your external Connectivity?

My external WAN link is 1 Mb/s interco without internet.

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Ok, 1 MBit is easy for a 1841.

15.0(1)M10 is the actual release under 15.0 and 15.1(4)M10 is the Cisco suggested release. I would upgrade the router before going live if possible. If you don't have any support-contract, the running IOS should also be fine.

Thanks a lot, Have a nice days.

Hello,

Could you share me a  dmvpn config hub and spoke through internet ( NAT and crypto config)

Thanks in advanced,

Rij.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: