Views
Helpful
Replies

hardware requirements for HUB DMVPN

r.randriamanana
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

is everyone may confirm that the 1841 below can support as dmvpn HUB for 3 spoke?

Cisco 1841 (revision 6.0) with 222208K/39936K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FCZ10xxxxxxx
2 FastEthernet interfaces
1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
191K bytes of NVRAM.
126000K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Thanks in advanced,

Rj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, 1 MBit is easy for a 1841.

15.0(1)M10 is the actual release under 15.0 and 15.1(4)M10 is the Cisco suggested release. I would upgrade the router before going live if possible. If you don't have any support-contract, the running IOS should also be fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yes, you can use this device as a DMVPN-Hub (I used it many years ago for a hub and for many spokes). But there are some things to consider:

• You need at least an Advanced Security Image/license.
  • You should run the newest IOS which is 15.1(4)M10. DMVPN is also supported on older IOS-versions, but the new software has a good combination of DMVPN-features and stability.
  • Don't expect much throughput. The 1841 is a little bit outdated and not very fast. What is your external Connectivity?

My external WAN link is 1 Mb/s interco without internet.

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Ok, 1 MBit is easy for a 1841.

15.0(1)M10 is the actual release under 15.0 and 15.1(4)M10 is the Cisco suggested release. I would upgrade the router before going live if possible. If you don't have any support-contract, the running IOS should also be fine.

Thanks a lot, Have a nice days.

Hello,

Could you share me a  dmvpn config hub and spoke through internet ( NAT and crypto config)

Thanks in advanced,

Rij.