cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! callback problem

chenyx
Level 1
Level 1

The as5400 is configured with two 8-port E1 card and 480 port digital modem. The E1 signal is China No.1 signal which means each timeslot can only dial in or dial out. The timeslots from 1 to 15 is for dial in and timeslots from 17 to 31 is for dial out. So when I configured the as5400 for callback, it cannot always choose the timeslots 17-31 to dial out. When it choose timeslots 1-15, it cannot callback the client. How can I solve the problem?

Help me!

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I understand this is a issue. Cisco IOS router's can't designate or reserve some number of channels for dialin or dialout only. However you can designate the whole controller for dialout using "modem dialout contoller " under the line config.

Here is the link for more on that

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c1b.shtml

I am afraid that there is no feature available to select the channel for dialout from the router. but is you have ISDN signalling, the closest you can get is to use the comamnd "isdn bchan-number-order " command for ascending or descending for dialout only.

Router(config-if)#isdn bchan-number-order ?

ascending B-chan selection starting from B1

descending B-chan selection starting from B23/32