Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update to AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v4.x

NetMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been asked to update the company's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v4.x.

Can someone please explain the process to do this and which file I need from below? Thanks for all help.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281283/type/282364313/release/4.6.03049

9 Replies 9

NetMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

OK so I see within Conifg>RemoteVPN>AnyconnectClientSoftware I can replace the files.

These are my current files

anyconnect.PNG

I cannot see the correct replacement files from the 4.6 list can someone please point out?

Hi,

The "headend" deployment .pkg files you want for Windows, MAC and Linux are available to download here.

Bear in mind when the client computer connects to the ASA to download, they must have admin rights to install/upgrade the software. If they don't you would have to use you Management software e.g SCCM to deploy the upgrade to the computers.

HTH

Actually only new AnyConnect client installation requires local admin rights. Upgrades can be done by non-privileged users.

Thanks Marvin and RJI both very helpful. As far as downloading the new client for users where can I find the correct file for the newer version?>

You're welcome @NetMonkey

@Rob Ingram provided the link earlier.

If you're deploying the software from an ASA (or ISE) then use the "Headend Deployment" (.pkg) files.

If you are using a software distribution tool or giving the software to users directly, then use the "Pre-Deployment" files.

Version 4.6.03049 is the current latest release.

Thank you Marvin . The fact that, we do not need admin rights, if we are only upgrading a pre installed AnyConnect package, really helps.

Quick question

If I need to update the core and gina packages. 
What will be the order to proceed with the update? 
Just so you know, we will update some clients from the office connected through VPN at home. 

Regards,

Franklin

When you update AnyConnect / Cisco Secure Client, all installed packages are updated together. The package on the headend includes the components to cover most installed client packages (core, VPN, SBL (vpngina), ISE posture, ASA posture, NAM, NVM, DART, and Umbrella). 

If you have Secure Client 5.x and Secure Endpoint 8.x (AMP client), the Secure endpoint client is updated separately (either via local install or push from the Secure Endpoint cloud console).

Do we have any step by step guide on how to update to AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vis ISE client Provisioning Portal ?