Views
Helpful
Replies

IBM Lotus iNotes 8.5 problem through clientless ssl - WEBVPN

Rodrigo Gurriti
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

I just configured the SSL VPN on the ASA and when I try to log in to the Inotes webvpn through the webvpn interface web it gets stuck loading the inbox.

The log is attached

Thank you

6 Replies 6

gargr
Level 1
Level 1

have you tried disabling sametime in your prefences and trying again?  from the log looks like its hanging when loading stlinks for sametime

There are things that need to be configured in stlinks when using a reverse proxy. 

Rahul, thank for your reply

I have not tried turn off sametime. I'll try that. what do you mean by:

"There are things that need to be configured in stlinks when using a reverse proxy.  "

I never used ST besides to trick some ports.

The user will be on the webvpn and then he access a bookmark with a link  to inote.xxx.com and then the webvpn proxies the calls to the inotes  server. How the ST works on this case ?

So Samtime within iNotes requires some more configurition within stlinks file  there are instructions below in the IBM Admin Help. 

You need to tell the applet what the Reverse Proxy name that the users are coming in from should b.e. 

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/domhelp/v8r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.help.domino.admin85.doc/H_CUSTOMIZING_STLINKS_FILES_FOR_TUNNELING_OR_REVERSE_PROXY_SERVERS_STEPS.html

hopefuly this helps

I configured the Smart Tunnel  feature on the iNotes bookmark directly.  When the user clicks on the  bookmark, a connection will be made through the client's browser to the  iNotes server using the ASA as a proxy.  All traffic for the iNotes  session will be sent through the tunnel thus bypassing the rewriter.

so are you now able to loginto iNotes without issues or still seeing issues? 

I' using smart tunnel from the webvpn and it worked. I have one user trying all the system, but until now I have not complains

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: