Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate VPN server PPTP on 2821 router series with active directory

Hello guys,

I have a 2821 ciso router and i want to setup a vpn for my windows domain users , they must to reach the domain from outside.

There is  posibile to intregrate Active directory auth with pptp running on 2821 router?

kind of dialin via radius server(IAS running on windows server 2003).

Thank you and i`m wating for an advice.

3 Replies 3

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gabriel

Yes you can do this through AAA.

Depending on your Windows Server version you'll need to configure either IAS (Server 2000/2003) or Network Policy Server (Server 2008).

This is Microsoft's RADIUS server implementation.

You'll then need to configure your ISR to send PPTP/L2TP authentication requests through to the Microsoft RADIUS Server. I've got a config somewhere that does this if it will help.

Barry

Hi Barry,

I have two windows 2003 servers and one windows 2008 server the first two are domain controllers and the last one is just a member of domain.

On one of my DC i have a setup with IAS radius auth for 4 cisco access-points, domain users connects to the ap and auth via radius IAS running on DC.

I think this is not a problem if i want to use same IAS server  for the remote dialin VPN right?

Hi Gabriel

Should be fine.You *may* need to create a new Remote Access policy on the IAS server to match the traffic, but other than that is should work fine.

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: