cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent "Login Failed" message AnyConnect ASA5540

Phill Hodges
Level 1
Level 1

So I've been using the AnyConnect client for my ASA5540 for a few months now, mostly with success. I am set up for both local authentication as well as RADIUS through my NPS server. Most of the time I am able to connect with no issue at all, however occasionally myself and other users receive a "Login Failed" message and the client will refuse to authenticate. I am 100% certain my credentials are valid and my account is not locked out. I have not made any changes to my firewall or my NPS and I am currently unable to log in with either authentication method.

Why is it failing to log in sometimes? What can I do to troubleshoot this?

EDIT: One of my users that was experiencing this issue can now log in. I am still receiving the Login Failed message.

EDIT2: As of this morning, I am now able to log in. I have not made any changes to my firewall, NPS, anything that would affect this.

3 Replies 3

doug.watson
Level 1
Level 1

We have this problem too. We are running on a 1 year old ASA 5515 HA Pair.

I created a locally authenticated profile after the first time I ran into this.

But it turns out that none of our profiles, either Local or AD authenticated work when this happens. We get login failed immediately. Is this a bug?

I will update with our ASA software version on Monday.

Can you share the AnyConnect log for the failed connection

sorry for the long delay, here is my Anyconnect log. the failed logins were from back on 12/4