Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec tunnel with two RV180W in LAN

LarsIverKruse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've to set up a couple of RV180W devices to connect several branch offices with IPsec tunnels with one back office.

Because I'm new to Cisco devices, my intention is to set up two RV180W devices in our LAN that way, that they establish an IPsec tunnel. Both of them have an IP address in the net 192.168.179.x and each RV180W has it's own IP net (192.168.10.x and 192.168.11.x). The idea is to have a PC in each of the networks of the RV180Ws and several outside to check by the PCs' visibility/connectivity whether the VPN is working or not. Later on I've to change the network addresses but I'll know that the IPsec settings are working.

I've used the 'Basic VPN Setup' on both devices to configure the tunnel, but it won't be established, its status remains on 'IPsec SA Not Established'.

Am I completely wrong with my approach? Or am I blind and oversee something essential within the configuration?

Here the configurations of both devices:

device 1:

device1.jpg

device 2:

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help.

Best regards, Lars

1 Reply 1

josh
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect an RV180W to my RV082 and I get IPSec SA Not Established.  I've checked my settings numerous times and they are the same on both routers (aside from different gateway ip and lan subnet)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: