Views
Helpful
Replies

Ivacy(PPTP) and other vpn not working

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I am working in GULF and skype and other free voice services are blocked. people sometimes use vpn(ivacy) on iphone in the office and it dont work while if they use vpn at there home it works. At office we have only 2911 router and no firewal and simple NAT is done on ADSL interface. see the attached file for settings at home. any suggestions what command should be entered to bypass l2tp and pptp.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Shone_Aleksey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Nareh.

Where vpn not working at home or office?

Can you post configurations  where it works, and from where don't?

Client configuration very helpful for resolving this issue.

THT

hi ,

at office where there is 2911 router (simple nating configured) but at home where there is simple linksys modem its working fine. the settings which i did for linksys is already attached (i just enabled ipsec, l2tp and pptp pass through). can any body tell me about the config needed to be done on 2911 for these vpn to establish

Regards

Add on router

ip nat inside source static tcp 1723 1723 extendable

ip nat inside source static udp 1723 1723 extendable

hi Mr. Shone,

Can i enable it for the whole subnet.?? or it can only be bypassed for particular office user/users. because we are using dhcp in our office and their ip address changes so is there any other way to by pass pptp ?

Regards

hi Mr. Shone.

I did the configuration changes and still it is not working.. following are the changes which i did.

ip nat inside source static tcp 1723 interface dialer 0 1723 extendable

ip nat inside source static udp 1723 interface dialer 0 1723 extendable

ip nat inside source list 101 interface Dialer1 overload

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1

!

access-list 101 permit ip 10.10.1.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 101 permit ip 10.10.3.0 0.0.0.255 any

access-list 101 permit gre any any.

but still i am getting the following error.

"

The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least one Internet device (for example, a firewall or a router) between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets"

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: