cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep getting error message - Received malformed message or negotiation no longer active

Jason82517
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem.  I am trying to implement an IPSec VPN on an asa5505 firewall.  I didn't do the initial config of the firewall and am quite new to using an ASA.  

I keep getting the error message 'Received malformed message or negotiation no longer active' and 'Reason 401: An unrecognized error occurred while establishing the VPN connection.'

The ASA is on version 9.2 and I am using Cisco VPN client version 5.

I have been working on this all week but just cannot get it to work, on my home lab I don't have a problem I can create VPN's easily but with this firewall nothing I try seems to work.

I was also unable to create an anyconnect VPN on this firewall, I have also tried to create an IPSec VPN using LT2P so I could connect through Windows 7 built in VPN client but that didn't work either.

The setup on the firewall is Ethernet ports 1 and 7 are connected to two ISP routers with load balancing setup.  

I have enclosed the running config and the debug file.

Thanks in advance

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: