Views
Helpful
Replies

License for A/S Anyconnect Premium Peers asa 5508

Riccardobella
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We want to refresh old hardware, and we have and A/S ASA with a total of 50 Anyconnect Premium Peers:

Failover cluster licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited perpetual
AnyConnect Premium Peers : 50 perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials : Disabled perpetual
Other VPN Peers : 250 perpetual
Total VPN Peers : 250 perpetual

The new devices are 5508 and we see that we have 4 Peers for device, and "Failover cluster licensed features" with a total of 8:

Licensed features for this platform:
AnyConnect Premium Peers          : 4              perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials             : Disabled       perpetual
Other VPN Peers                   : 100            perpetual
Total VPN Peers                   : 100            perpetual

Failover cluster licensed features for this platform:
AnyConnect Premium Peers          : 8              perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials             : Disabled       perpetual
Other VPN Peers                   : 100            perpetual
Total VPN Peers                   : 100            perpetual

We need to change the old devices really soon and we are going to request an Evaluation license. 

My questions are 2, very similar:
1) What evaluation license do I need for my A/S 5508 Pairs? Two 25 license, one for device, with a total of 50 between them?

2) Same as 1 but for Perpetual. 

Thanks

Riccardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The part number you mentioned would cover AnyConnect perpetual licensing. List price US$1050 plus $33/year for support.

Most customers opt for the term license - a 5 year term (including support) is only US$525 list price.

Regarding evaluation licenses, even getting an one does not entitle you to download the current AnyConnect client software. It only license the headend device to serve as a VPN termination.

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you have current support for your old device's AnyConnect licenses? If so, they are per unique user and can be added to multiple devices.

If you did not have current support you will need to order new licenses. The number of licenses should be enough to cover the number of unique end users (by userid - not by device).

The AnyConnect ordering guide has many more details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

I don't have any support left on the old devices.

If i'm not wrong the perpetual license I should get is:
4.1 Plus Licenses (12- to 60-Month Term or Perpetual)

L-AC-PLS-P-G AC-PLS-P-25-S Cisco AnyConnect Plus – Perpetual License/25 users CON-EMCU-ACPL25

Am I wrong?

But more importantly: which evaluation license should I download to let users connect until I buy new license? Should I take 2 evaluation, since I'm in HA Pairs (A/S)?

Thanks

Riccardo

The part number you mentioned would cover AnyConnect perpetual licensing. List price US$1050 plus $33/year for support.

Most customers opt for the term license - a 5 year term (including support) is only US$525 list price.

Regarding evaluation licenses, even getting an one does not entitle you to download the current AnyConnect client software. It only license the headend device to serve as a VPN termination.

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

Marvin you have been very useful, thanks again for support.

Just last question, because we are in a hurry:

If we install new devices, apply the evaluation license with 25 users, who already has anyconnect client can connect to the vpn, and we would have 25 (active) + 4 ( standby) connections available. (Is this correct?) 
Sorry for silly questions.

Riccardo

When you add a license beyond the 2 included, it replaces them and does not add to them.

So the total would be 25, not 25+4=29.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: