cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mac catalina VPN connection

walaagomaa62620
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications.  A VPN connection will not be established.

find the attached screen for mac os specification

ipv6  

8 Replies 8

What version of AnyConnect are you running?  You need to be running 4.8 when upgraded to Catalina as this is the only truely supported version for 10.15.

I suggest upgrading AnyConnect to the newest version and then test. Please let us know the results.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

mac already force to update any connect to 4.7 but still same issue

As I mentioned in my earlier post, only 4.8 is currently fully supported on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Also have this issue with 4.8.00175:

default 17:45:01.152281+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Checking for product updates...
default 17:45:01.152601+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Checking for customization updates...
default 17:45:01.153084+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Performing any required updates...
default 17:45:01.153645+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
default 17:45:01.174726+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN state: Connecting Network state: Network Accessible Network control state: Network Access: Available Network type: Undefined
default 17:45:01.177000+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Establishing VPN session...
default 17:45:01.177753+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Function: TunnelStateChange File: ../../vpn/Api/Scripting/ScriptingMgr.cpp Line: 200 Ignoring queued scripting event (2) which was never processed.
default 17:45:01.178335+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...
default 17:45:01.309308+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Establishing VPN - Examining system...
default 17:45:01.318834+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Establishing VPN - Activating VPN adapter...
default 17:45:01.349330+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Establishing VPN - Configuring system...
default 17:45:04.918726+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN state: Disconnecting Network state: Network Accessible Network control state: Network Access: Restricted Network type: Undefined
default 17:45:04.918848+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Function: getStateMessage File: ../../vpn/Api/ClientIfcBase.cpp Line: 3199 Disconnect in progress.
default 17:45:04.918914+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Disconnect in progress, please wait...
default 17:45:04.919801+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Function: TunnelStateChange File: ../../vpn/Api/Scripting/ScriptingMgr.cpp Line: 200 Ignoring queued scripting event (2) which was never processed.
default 17:45:06.108510+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN state: Disconnecting Network state: Network Accessible Network control state: Network Access: Available Network type: Undefined
default 17:45:06.108619+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Function: suppressTerminateErrorPopup File: ../../vpn/Api/AgentIfc.cpp Line: 680 AgentIfc :: suppressTerminateErrorPopup[5]. - [NO]
default 17:45:06.108649+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type error sent to the user: The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications.  A VPN connection will not be established.
default 17:45:06.109355+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN state: Disconnected Network state: Network Accessible Network control state: Network Access: Available Network type: Undefined
default 17:45:06.109388+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Function: setConnectRequestComplete File: ../../vpn/Api/ConnectMgr.cpp Line: 10825 Connect request complete. Proceeding to cleanup.
default 17:45:06.110872+0100 Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Message type information sent to the user: Ready to connect.

v.4.8.01090 is the same but also v.4.7 and all three versions are the same issue under MacOS Mojave against our company ASA Server, so this might not be just a Catalina issue... Latest version I got access to that works under Mojave is 4.1

Hope you have been ale to resolve. I just found this solution and it worked for me. HUGE thank you to the University of Waterloo for sharing this. I am logged into my Remote Desktop now. I was starting to fret I had a $4000 paperweight on my hands. 

The issue

Some Mac OSX users who are fully up to date with the latest version of Mac OSX and the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect VPN are still having issues trying to make a VPN connection from their home network.

When attempting to launch Cisco AnyConnect they will see a prompt stating “/!\ The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established.”

Disabling IPv6 for Wi-Fi has fixed this issue for several people. Note, IPv6 is not used for most of North America so it can be turned off for Wi-Fi on the MacBook unless traveling outside of North America. 

Disabling IPv6 for Wi-Fi

1. Open System Preferences then select Network (or click on the Wi-Fi icon on the menu bar near the upper-right of your display, and then select “Open Network Preferences…” from the drop-down list.)
  2. Click Wi-Fi in the list of network services along the left side of the window.
  3. Click the Advanced... button near the lower-right corner of the window.
  4. On the TCP/IP tab (second tab from top-left), near the middle of the window for the Configure IPv6 settings, click the drop-down list and change it from Automatically to Link-local only.
  5. Click the OK button at the bottom-right of the Wi-Fi window, which will close the Wi-Fi settings window and return you to the Network Preferences window.
  6. Click the Apply button at the bottom-right of the Network window.
  7. Then Turn Wi-Fi Off, wait about 10 seconds, then Turn Wi-Fi back On.
  8. Make sure you are connected to your home wireless network, and then try connecting to Cisco.
  9. Close the System Preferences window.
Please note: When traveling, especially in Asia’s far-eastern and south-east sections (China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, etc.) IPv6 should be re-enabled by making the change in step #4 back to “Automatically”, then “OK”, “Apply”, and turn Wi-Fi off, and then on. 

Just patched AnyConnect to 4.8.03052 and then it finally worked for me in Catalina 10.15[.4] for the first time ever :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: