cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacOS 10.13.2 beta 1, AnyConnect 4.4.03034, Unable to contact <vpn> No network connectivity

planetf1
Level 1
Level 1

This is a very unsupported environment question since Mac OS 10.13.2 came out in the last day or two and of course is entirely unsupported but no harm in asking or indeed informing others ;-)

I am using AnyConnect 4.4.03034 - I can't change this as I am only an end user ;-)

Whilst at 10.13.1 the vpn works fine, after the update it seems I just see in the GUI
 * Unable to contact <MY VPN NAME>
 * No network connectivity underneath

This happens with multiple profiles I have, whilst an alternate VPN I have access to, does work ok

From looking at system.log the best I can ascertain is that there may be an issue getting interface information ie:

Nov  2 09:01:32 Nigels-MBP acvpnagent[55]: Function: getInterfacesInternal File: ../../vpn/Common/Utility/NetInterface_unix.cpp Line: 1754 Invoked Function:

ioctl SIOCGIFNETMASK_IN6 Return Code: 1 (0x00000001) Description: unknown errno=Operation not permitted

.. and a few lines in relation to retrieving my profile followed by:

Nov  2 09:01:32 Nigels-MBP acvpnagent[55]: Function: getInterfacesInternal File: ../../vpn/Common/Utility/NetInterface_unix.cpp Line: 1754 Invoked Function: ioctl SIOCGIFNETMASK_IN6 Return Code: 1 (0x00000001) Description: unknown errno=Operation not permitted

Nov  2 09:01:32 Nigels-MBP acvpnagent[55]: Function: processConnectNotification File: ../../vpn/Agent/MainThread.cpp Line: 12277 Invoked Function: CMainThread::resolveSGHost Return Code: -32702438 (0xFE0D001A) Description: MAINTHREAD_ERROR_NO_NETWORK_CONNECTIVITY 

Any tips for workarounds welcome. I presume perhaps a permission change? Or an outright MacOS bug in the beta.

17 Replies 17

At least now I am able to connect, but I'm still facing some issues in some connections (specifically, with the wifi connection of my office):

"The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established".

I was able to use tethering and connect, (so at least I have a workaround). This should be an Apple or a Cisco problem? I am using the MacOS 10.13.2 beta 3 and AnyConnect version 4.5.02036

Please contact us at ac-mobile-feedback AT cisco.com with your DART (Diagnostic) bundle so we can investigate.

HumanTorch
Level 5
Level 5

my issue was resolved with the latest release of AnyConnect 4.5.03040

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: