Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from Cisco VPN client to AnyConnect

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have many users on XP and 7 that use the Cisco VPN client, but now we are introducing Windows 8 tablets and laptops and the client isn't supported, but does work, but disconnects a lot.  We now want to move to the AnyConnect client as it support Windows 8 and we like the all the 'ways on' feature and log on before the control-alt-screen features that where in XP.

Anyway I'm tottaly confused on what license key I need to by for my 2 x ASA 5520s that are working in active/standby, can you help advise?  I've looked at somem documents and they have clouded my head.

Can the VPN client ASA config be easily migrated to the Cisco AnyConnect config?

Kind Regards

1 Reply 1

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andy

Anyconnect licensing is a little complicated, but 99% of the time you only need the "Essentials" AnyConnect license for your ASAs. This gives you everything that you have using the old Cisco VPN Client.

Essentials is licensed per ASA, and not per user like the other ASA AnyConnect licenses.

AnyConnect Premium gives you all that Essentials give you plus "clientless" VPN (Web portal type stuff).

Configuration wize - it's pretty simple and similar to how you configure the old VPN support. There's a wizard to assist you in configuring it if you like that kind of thing.

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: