Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi context ASA SSL VPN Question

cmlozano8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a pair of firewalls we do multiple contexts on for customers.  We have recently upgraded them and have been using the newly support Anyconnect client.  This all works fine but I feel like I am missing something.  If the customer does not have the anyconnect client already how do they get it?  Normally you browse to the web page and it will download the client but all I get is "Clientless VPN is not supported in Multiple Context mode." which is fine but how is the customer supposed to get the client in the first place?

Any information would be helpful.

Chris L.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

The AnyConnect WebLaunch feature is not supported while ASA running on the multi-context mode.

There is an enhancement request that was opened to enable this as well as other features while ASA running in multi-context mode. Below is the link you can refer:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw19758/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a bit half-baked. Having remote access SSL VPN on a multiple context ASA at all was just introduced last fall. While it works, it's missing several key features.

You need to publish or deploy the package apart from the ASA for the initial download since web launch is not available. I typically put the msi file up on a public share like dropbox or box.com and direct new clients to first install from there if I don't have any available desktops configuration environment I can leverage.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

The AnyConnect WebLaunch feature is not supported while ASA running on the multi-context mode.

There is an enhancement request that was opened to enable this as well as other features while ASA running in multi-context mode. Below is the link you can refer:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw19758/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is a bit half-baked. Having remote access SSL VPN on a multiple context ASA at all was just introduced last fall. While it works, it's missing several key features.

You need to publish or deploy the package apart from the ASA for the initial download since web launch is not available. I typically put the msi file up on a public share like dropbox or box.com and direct new clients to first install from there if I don't have any available desktops configuration environment I can leverage.

Hello Marvin,

any chance the situation changed?

Thanks, Flavio

cmlozano8
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys, At least I know for sure it is not available yet. We will have to come up with a solution to get customers the client. We have two pairs of 5545s with many customers so hopefully we can come up with an easy solution for all of them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: