Views
Helpful
Replies

Multipoint Site to Site VPN with Cisco ASA

sreeraj.murali
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts

Have setup Site to Site VPN with Oracle Cloud from onpremise Cisco ASA. Now Oracle provides, 2 public peer IP address as failover mechanism. So i want to setup another standby-site to site vpn with Oracle cloud using same ASA Outside interface. Attaching the design, which i am looking for.

I tried creating the tunnel on ASA, with second Oracle public IP, but only the primary is coming up

Please advice, how i can achieve this ?

Thanks in advance

Sreeraj Murali

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you have two remote peers for a given set of interesting traffic, the ASA will try them in the order they are enumerated in your crypto map statements. If the first one is successful, it will never use the second.

To test the second, either temporarily disable the first crypto map statement or shutdown the first interface in the cloud (if you're able). If you have an upstream router under your control you could also block (with ACL) the first remote peer address for testing purposes.

Sure, thanks for the solution, Let me try it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: