cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on VPN AnyConnect Essentials

viett
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5510, version 8.4(4)3 with AnyConnect Essentials 250 licences.

Remote users using AnyConnect Essentials logged in to server, working fine,  then frozen randomly.

Checked “Monitoring, sessions” shows “Bytes Tx” 0 and "Bytes Rx"  more than 100000. Reloaded and everything is back to normal.

The problem happened couples times a week and after upgrading VPN lic from 2 to 250 users.

Please, help. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi Viett,

To troubleshoot this issue, we need to place a packet capture during the failure, in order to confirm whether the packets from the server hit the ASA or not (since the ASA does not display any transmitted Bytes).

The capture must be taken on the inside interface of the ASA, where the server is.

It could be a network issue and the fact you installed a new license should not affect the connections at all.

Keep me posted.

Portu.

Please rate any post that you find helpful.

Hi Portu,

During the failure, remote users can log on ASA but ping to the server fail so I have to reload ASA then everything is working normal.  (Bytes Tx shows the number, not 0).  Not sure the ASA 5510 can handle latest vesion 8.4(4)3 (Flash:256MB, Total Memory: 1024MB). 

Do I need to downgrade to lower version?

Thanks.

Viet

Hi,

You are ok.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#wp48034

ASA Model

Internal Flash Memory (Default Shipping)1 ,2

DRAM (Default Shipping)

Before Feb. 2010

After Feb. 2010 (Required for 8.3 and Higher)

256 MB

256 MB

1 GB

At this point I would suggest to not reload the ASA and open a TAC case during the failure to analyze and troubleshoot the issue.

Portu.

Please rate any post you find useful.

Message was edited by: Javier Portuguez

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: