cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help upgrading ASA5505 EasyVPN client

janf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a handful of ASA5505's deployed as EasyVPN client devices and would like to upgrade the software in one of them remotely. I can telnet and ASDM to the devices but I cannot perform a software upgrade via the CLI / tftp nor the ASDM. Any ideas on what I need to do to make this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

Found a solution

add

tftp-server

I then issued the copy tftp flash command

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

I am having similar trouble.  I haven't found a solution yet.  Any ideas?

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

Found a solution

add

tftp-server

I then issued the copy tftp flash command

Looks like this is the answer. Only problem now is it is taking forever to transfer the latest 16M .bin software file and unfortunately I haven't had a successful transfer yet. Too may retries and errors. Thank you for the answer though!

JF

I had trouble (failed transfers) when I used my laptop (Windows XP and Solarwinds TFTP server).  I switched to Ubuntu server and did not have trouble.

I found a Windows tftp server that works as well while scouring cisco.com for some other info.

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32.html

The telnet session times out during the transfer but the tftp server continues the transfer successfully.

Once again, thanks for the answer. We're good to go now!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: