cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to find specific remote vpn config

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

im handling a new site with a already configured firewall 5520 with 9.1(7)11 and asdm 7.4 , the problem i was given a vpn config file to import on vpn client 5 to access the site but when i check the firewall to see the vpn config there is many old vpn config and i cant tell which one is the vpn profile im using atm? like there is many user profiles and group profiles , i cant tell how to pinpoint the vpn which im currently using? please how can i do that? i need to edit its config?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the cli, run the following:

show vpn-sessiondb filter <username>

(substitute your username for the bracketed parameter).

Look for the "tunnel-group" (aka connection profile).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/S/cmdref3/s14.html#pgfId-1333764

You can also see the similar information under ASDM > Monitor > VPN and choose remote access VPN clients from the dropdown.

There is no (filter) option in the syntax u gave

The filter just lets you reduce the output. You can run it with all the output and just scroll to your session:

show vpn-sessiondb detail

Sh vpn-sessiondb anyconnect filter <username>

look for tunnel-group in the output and tunnel-group will have the group-policy.

to check the config :-

Sh run tunnel-group <name if the tunnel-group>

Sh run group-policy <nameif the group-policy you will get this in the output of the above command>

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: