cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Network Access Manager - Windows 10 - not dropping wifi supplicant

Hi, here is the situation . 

OK first of all, english is not my primary language, so I will try to explain my best.

We use Windows 10 - 1703 in combination with AnyConnect 4.5.00058.

The problem we have, is that anyconnect is not completely taking over wifi management.

If a user try to connect to a wifi network using the windows 10 wifi manager, it works and ignores the fact that anyconnect is installed.  And over times, it creates a conflict with anyconnect and anyconnect stops working (service is not availble, etc etc)  The only wayt to fiux this is to use the windows 10 network reset tool and forget saved wifi.

Back when we used Windows 7, if a user tried to connect to a wifi network using windows, the connection never established, and we only had to explain to the user that he had to use the anyconnect.

But with windows 10, the user can still use windows wifi suplicant to connect. 

We also tried with anyconnect version 4.5.02036 and the problem is still there.

Can you help me ? 

Thank  you

EDIT : Sorry I forgot to mention: We dont use the VPN function, We use anyconnect only for NAM for managing the WiFi connection

5 REPLIES
VIP Advisor

Re: Network Access Manager - Windows 10 - not dropping wifi supplicant

Hi,

VPN and Wifi problems is very common but unfortunately the solution looks never be the same. 

Take a look on this like as one attempt:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2919900/windows-connection-manager-disconnects-wlan-if-a-vpn-connection-is-est

Good Look!

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Beginner

Sorry I forgot to mention.  We dont use the VPN function, We use anyconnect only for NAM for managing the WiFi connection

Beginner

We're having the same issue. I noticed it when we switched to Windows 10. It was causing problems for us because the NAM client wasn't able to control the wireless adapter to connect to wireless networks. Sometimes it was showing no WiFi Adapters available. Other times, Windows is able to connect to a wireless network, but the NAM module just shows "searching for network." These are completely unrelated to VPN. Seems like a disconnect between the NAM module and the Windows adapter mgmt. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything to fix it.

Beginner

Have you found a resolution to this yet? I'm having the same issue and I even have a Cisco TAC case open and it's been about a month since I've opened it and they still haven't found the root cause. They are suspecting it may be something specific to Dell because at this time they have a ticket open with Dell.
Beginner

No havent found any solution yet ... 

It has NOTHING to do with Dell

I have this problems on Lenovo Thinkpad x260, x270 and x280 and also on Dell Latitude 5290 and 7290

It has nothing to do with the WiFi NIC, We have Intel 7260, 7265 and 8265 over here

I've tested this with Windows 10 1703, 1709 and 1803   same on all of them.

Anyconnect 4.5.04029, 4.5.05030  and 4.6.01098 = same problem

I think it's just that windows 10 does not allow any software to completely take over wifi control like windows 7 used to.

I've lost all hope ... 

I'm testing other solutions

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- DMVPN on Cisco routers