cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Access with vpn-cl v4.x, no network access with vpn-cl v3.6.4

Peter Buijsse
Level 4
Level 4

I'm using an VPN concentrator 3005 with remote clients version 4.x. All works fine. Now we are using Activcard AAA server to authenticate users with an token. To enable that the user name and password is automaticly dropped into the login window from the token we need vpn-clinet version 3.x. This because the activecard application handling the auto-fill in not recongizing v4 clients loginwindow.

The problem is the following:

When i connect to the concentrator using v4 i can access all servers on the remote network using the vpn tunnel. when i change the client version on the PC (same pc as i used for the v4 client) the connect goes ok, but i cam't access the servers on the remote network anymore?

Any ideas where to look.

(in the concentrator where NO changes made while up and downgrading the client, the clients are validated by the token generating the one-time-password by hand)

Thankx,

Peter

3 Replies 3

rvdoever
Level 1
Level 1

Have you configured a firewall policy which is handled differently by the client. If there a difference in the split-tunnel configuration?

Could be that the firewall policy is different handled by the client, we use the default policy, this is an lab environement. We don't use split-tunneling.

Will try to turn it off, any other ideas?

Maybe you used different vpngroups for the both types of clients with different VPN-pools? And maybe one of these ranges is not routed internally?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: