Views
Helpful
Replies

No connectivity after installing new AnyConnect client

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

We have a corporate windows 10 machine testing a new version of anyconnect secure mobility client. I installed version 4.6 package with NAM module and VPN profiles built from the profile editor. The new profiles closely mirrors the existing profiles the machine had. Before the update to 4.6 the machine was running 4.2. I uninstalled AnyConnect 4.2 and proceeded to install the new package 4.6 with the profiles. 

After upgrading to 4.6 I am no longer able to ping the machines IP address from itself or the default gateway, this is without using VPN from outside but plugged directly into the internal corporate network. Pinging from the command prompt gives "general failure" error message.

Is there some setting I missed or accidentally selected in the profile editor which may cause this issue? Any log in particular I should be looking at in the DART logs?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

normally in NAM you have to enable wireless interfaces of computer.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I already have both wired and wireless network configured in the NAM.

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to provide a DART bundle to see what is going on.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For what it's worth, Anyconnect 4.7 is out now. It will be the long term release for all bug fixes and enhancements going forward.

I have used AC 4.6 and 4.7 (with VPN, NAM - wired and wireless profiles, Umbrella and Network Visibility) just fine on Windows 10 with all the latest updates so it's not inherently incompatible for sure.