Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound ACL with sysopt Permit-VPN Enabled

kylerossd
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have an interesting question.  Is it possible to have sysopt permit-vpn enabled and still be able to have an outbound ACL on an inside interface that would match and drop the traffic?  I cannot use VPN filters as routes are learned dynamically and are split unevenly across multiple inside networks.  Disabling syspot permit-vpn is not an option that I would like to entertain.

For example, I would like a certain ip pool to be able to access networks learned on inside-network-1 but denied on inside-network-2, inside-network-3, inside-network4.  Another pool would be allowed to inside-network-2 and denied on inside-network1,3,4.

Can a VPN-Filter Deny an outbound interface?

Kyle

2 Replies 2

Hi Kelyrossd,

You would that with split tunnel, example of partial configuration:

ip local pool VPN-POOL-1 192.168.10.1-192.168.10.62

access-list FILTER-VPN-TRAFFIC extended permit ip host 192.168.0.1 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.192

group-policy EXAMPLE attributes
 split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified
 split-tunnel-network-list value FILTER-VPN-TRAFFIC

Regards,

Aref

Unfortunately, as previously stated the routes are learned dynamically (several thousand).  I will also add that all traffic is tunneled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: