Views
Helpful
Replies

Post AnyConnect VPN Alert Message

mgstech188
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 SSL VPN appliance.

Everytime a user gets authenticated and logs in via the AnyConnect client, they receive the following message post login:

Security policies were applied to your session, access to some resources may be blocked. Your system administrator provided the following information to help you understand and remedy the security conditions:

Then it lists the DAP policies that the user has access to.

What I would like to know is how to edit the post login message. We would like to edit this information and then put in our Corporate VPN message.

I went to Configuration, Remote Access VPN, and then GUI Text and Messages and tried to export the exisiting template, modify with my custom message and then import back in.

When I reconnect to the ASA, the old message still appears.

Please let me know if this is even possible.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MSG,

It's probably under your group policy

Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > Group Policies

Choose your group policy and see if it's under 'Banner'.  If not, check the DfltGrpPolicy if it's set to inherit.

--Jason

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

I removed these by going to Remote Access VPN>Network (Client) Access>Dynamic Access Policies.

Select an access policy and click edit.

There is a field there which says "User Message" Just clear the messages from there.

I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.1 and only had those messages for some DAPs and not others following the upgrade

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: