cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem connecting with Quick VPN on RV 120W

jacousa1052
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue connecting a client PC to my network with Quick VPN on an RV 120W router.  I initially used the Quick VPN wizard, but found after some research that this was not intended for Client PC access.  I deleted out the settings created by QuickVPN (except the User).  The user is set-up and remote management enabled (port 443).  The router will accept a ping and the the firewall setting for blocking fragmented packets has been removed (per another thread in the forum).  There was an initial problem with the certificate not being available on the client.  I went to the Authentication (Certificates) screen and clicked the download button to download the router certificate.  I then transferred this to the QuickVPN folder on the client PC and the message went away.  I did not actually create a certificate, though, so not sure what is being passed between the client and router.  A screen shot of the message and QuickVPN log are as follows:

quick vpn.jpg

LOG.jpg

To this point have done the following:

1.) Verified the password as set-up for the IPsec user.

2.) Verified public IP of router

3.) Tried connecting with and without firewall

4.) Run QuickVPN with and without the "Use Remote Server DNS" feature checked

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Theodore,

Since this is to do with the cisco small business family of routers, i would suggest moving this discussion to the small business community at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Regards,

Prapanch