Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with VPN on 5515-X

clille.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all !

I have setup VPN on my 5515-X and I can login from the internet, and I get an ip address from the dhcp server, but I cannot ping or access anything on any vlans or the internet. My workstation on the inside can ping the vpn client.

I want the vpn clients to access 2 vlans: vlan3+4.

DHCP scope for vpn clients: 172.16.0.10 - 172.16.0.49

I think I have a problem with my NAT or Access rules

Under anyconnect connection profile I have set the: "Bypass interface access lists for inbounds vpn sessions" .... does this mean I dont have to set Access rules for this traffic ?

And I have this NAT rule:

nat (inside,vlan3) source static any any destination static NETWORK_OBJ_172.16.0.0_25 NETWORK_OBJ_172.16.0.0_25 no-proxy-arp route-lookup

I think it is something simple I have not setup correctly and I appreciate any help

Thanks

Carsten

3 Replies 3

Mike Williams
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Carsten,

Your picture didn't seem to post properly. Can you post your config? It sounds like an identity NAT issue. 

The "bypass access-lists" just means that the VPN traffic will not be filtered by access-lists assigned to the firewall interfaces.

Regards,

Mike

nat (inside,vlan3) source static any any destination static NETWORK_OBJ_172.16.0.0_25 NETWORK_OBJ_172.16.0.0_25 no-proxy-arp route-lookup

It's impossible for me to determine the issue based on the info you have posted. If you can post a sanitized config, it would help greatly.

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: