cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick Connect VPN client stopped working - now won't uninstall

momof2girlies
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using the Cisco QuickVPN client for months, then it stopped working...doesn't get past "Connecting..." (and other clients are still able to connect to our RSV4000 router without issue).  So I finally decided to just install and reinstall the software, except now I can't even do that...it gets hung at "Preparing Installation" in the InstallShield Wizard.  Can you help me get this uninstalled so I can start from scratch please???

9 Replies 9

Steven Lam
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too.  Mine fails when it is verifying network; QVPN said the remote gateway is not responding.  I know it is not the rv082 on my end or the remote rv042 as I have a similarly configured laptop in the same network using the same AV software (ESET NOD32, AV only) and it connects everytime.  But this machine just won't do it.  This machine has been working for a long while until yesterday.  Very strange!

harshisi_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi christina

There seems to be some problem at the registry level, could you please run a registry cleaner program and then try reinstalling with antivirus and firewall disabled.
If it still fails to install i am afraid we need to re image the machine

~ Harry
*rate helpful posts *

I ran a registry cleaner and then tried to reinstall after disabling McAfee, but still no luck.  Now what?

PLEASE don't listen to this fellow!   Running a registry cleaner will NOT fix your problem and most likely bring virus in your computer.  The most likely reason is there is a mis-configuration of your Windows firewall that was caused by installation of a mis-behaving program.  The problem maybe fixable by poking around the registry.  I am trying to get Cisco to give me more support.  Stay tuned.

Hi Steven,

Sure, keep us posted  let us know what cisco-tac suggests, By the way, i am not sure where you are getting your information but, running a registry cleaner = virus ?

let us know your better options

~Harry

Just to let you know..  I fixed MY problem..  I get my machine to  connect to a different wifi network and run quickvpn to the same rv082  (the other end of tunnel) and guess what it is now working!  Even when I  hook my laptop to my original wireless network, my quickvpn is now  connecting to same endpoint as before.  I powered down my system  numerous time and have no problem.  I don't know whether this lady's  quickvpn problem is same as mine but i would suggest her to bring her  machine (hopefully it is a laptop) to a different router and see if her  quickvpn is now connecting!

How about you two stop bickering and provide some actual support for me??

I can't even get QuickVPN to uninstall/reinstall correctly, so I can't try connecting on a different wifi yet.

Hi Christina,

We have seen many cases with mcafee affecting the working of our vpn client, could you please try uninstalling the mcafee from the system completely and then give it a try.?

regards,

~Harry

95% of the people out there download FREE registry cleaner out there.  Guess what, most of them are malware!  what is a Cisco-tac?  If you really working for Cisco (and I hope you don't), you will do some troubleshooting before you tell somebody who re-install their system from scratch!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: