cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN and WRVS4400N security router

acbrewood
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought a Cisco WRVS4400N security router to allow a few staff VPN access to our network. I was hoping to be able to set up the user accounts on the router and install the quickVPN software to allow them access.. however I have been trying to configure this for a couple of weeks now and cannot get a VPN tunnel connected.

The security router is behind a Non-NAT ADSL modem which has address XXX.YYY.ZZZ.174 and the cisco router itself has IP address XXX.YYY.ZZZ.170 (we have a block of IP addresses including 169 to 174 with subnet 255.255.255.248)

I have configured the following ports to be open on the modem and the router, and on my modem at home - 443;500;4500;60443

The furthest I get is verifying the network, when the tunnel is supposed to be pinged. this always fails.

I have attached the log files from both QuickVPN and from the Security router, from my latest attempt which was at 23:34 on 6th March.

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

since this question is about a product in the Cisco Small Business / Linksys range, I suggest you move it to the community, where you will have a better chance of getting expert advice.

best regards,

Herbert
Cisco Moderator