Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-IP 3030 concentrator issue

cobra188d
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've very recently inherited an old 3030 concentrator which I know very little about.  I'm currently reading the two admin/configuration guides.

My first task with the 3030 is to move it to a different network.   I've changed the public IP address and default gateway.  I've created two new (one inbound, one outbound) rules added to those rules to the default in and out filters.   I have also changed my client software host IP address to match the concentrators.

When I attempt to make a VPN connection using the client software, I get a login and password prompt and I'm able to enter those and establish a connection, however, I cannot get a connection to a server at the other end of the tunnel.  The PuTTy session times out.

I do see this "Radius: Invalid reply digest received; the shared-secret may be incorrect" in the concentrator log but it happens all the time so I don't know if it means anything.  ???

What did I miss?

Yes, there's a PIX firewall between the concentrator and the Internet and I have added the concentrator to the appropriate group.

Thanks much!

2 Replies 2

cobra188d
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Hi,

It sounds like the "shared-secret" key configured on the RADIUS server is not configured correctly.

"Radius: Invalid reply digest received; the shared-secret may be incorrect"

Please check the RADIUS server, specifically the part where the 3K is defined as a RADIUS client and re-enter the key.

Let me know.

Portu.