cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access to multiple networks with one VPN connection

danborchert
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the attached image -- it explains everything at a glimpse.

I have two offices, one on the west coast and one on the east coast. Both have a Cisco ASA 5510 and are connected via PTP VPN. Each office has connectivity to the other -- it's the VPN users we are trying to give access to both networks while connected to either of the offices.

Remote access is configured for both sites, but VPN users can only access resources at the site they connect to. In order to access East coast resources they have to disconnect from the West coast router and VPN to the East coast, and vise versa.

We inherited this network and this is how it's been since day one. I believe some routes need to be added, but not sure if they need to be added in the Remote Access section (in ASDM of course -- I'm only using GUI as I'm not familiar with CLI) or the Site-to-Site setup, or the main "Device Setup" section. I've attached a basic diagram of the setup.

The West coast VPN users are on 10.10.10.x network because the 192.168.230.x network was short on IP addresses.

The East coast VPN users are on the same network as the East coast office -- 192.168.130.x -- probably because it's a smaller office and there was no worry of running out of IP addresses.

Anyone know what to do in ASDM to fix this?

3 Replies 3

danborchert
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] -- if anyone else has this issue it's called Hair Pinning, or in Cisco terms Spoke to Spoke VPN. Here is the link I found that worked perfect: http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000040.htm

Looks as a perfect solution for my problem. Does it also work on ISR?

Good question, but no idea. Perhaps someone else does? Or... only one way to find out

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: