Views
Helpful
Replies

remote access vpn at IR809

pakakim09
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support,

I have 2 IR809 router and I tried to config both of them to run dmvpn phase 1 and established the ipsec tunnel between site-to-site. The config seems working.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/ipsec-negotiation-ike-protocols/29240-dcmvpn.html

I am thinking if my user ( which maybe using mobile backhaul ) can have remote vpn access directly to the hub router IR809 and access the server network behind it? They need to use the software "anyconnect "? And if IR809 support this as well?

Any sample and setup doc which suits my case? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Thanks for support. 

IR809#show license feature
Feature name Enforcement Evaluation Subscription Enabled RightToUse
ipbasek9 no no no yes no
securityk9 yes yes no yes yes
datak9 yes yes no yes yes

3 Replies 3

Hi,

DMVPN does not support remote access VPN, however FlexVPN will support the site-to-site VPN as well as remote access VPN on the same router. Configuration guides here.

HTH

Hi HTH,

Thanks for the ans. One more question if the flexvpn can support remote access connection without cert / self-signed cert?

If flexvpn doesnt support, any solutions for remote access works at the same time with flexvpn/dmvpn on IR809? 

The FlexVPN hub needs to have a certificate that is trusted by the user, I think this is a requirement of IKEv2 RFC. The user can authenticate either using EAP (username/password) or certificates. Any remote access solution requires a certificate.

FlexVPN does support the use of Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN on the same hub.