cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Office

roshanverg
Level 1
Level 1

I want to connect H/O to branch office which is 250m apart.   head office have two  2MB adsl connections . other remote locations connect to H/O through VPN .

Connection using Fibre cabling is not possible here.  How can i connect this branch to H/O ?

What are the different options and the lowest cost option?

Thanx

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight
  1. Wireless bridge between the two buildings (assuming there is clear line-of-sight).
  2. Internet connection at the remote office and a firewall/VPN device that can do a site-to-site VPN to the main store.

Thanx .   prefered solution here is a wireless connectivity.  How can this be done with minimum cost?

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

There is a lot of variables here. You need to consider your support teams knowledge, upfront cost vs. ongoing expenses, SLAs, traffic profile, etc.

The aboved mentioned options are the cheapest providing you have the skills to implement and maintain them. If you go for option 2 mentioned above, ensure your ISP service suits your needs. Eg. an asynchornous (ie. ADSL) might not be suitable for your traffic profile. The type of service you choose will depend on your traffic requirements, budget, and ISP. Eg. If you use VoIP or similar low-latency systems this wont cut the cake.

If you need low latency, dont have the skills for either of the above options, or capital budget is low (as opposed to operating budget) then I'd suggest looking at a MAN service. Ethernet is the easiest but the most epensive. DSL and wireless are a little cheaper but may still be suitable.

Rgds

Scott

hI scott

this will be a basic setup without VOIP, or higer bandwidth traffic.  requirement is to connect H/O LAN to this branch with a wireless connection consuming Lowest cost possible. branch network requires internet access as well.