cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSA SecurID Hard and Soft Token Authentication Prompts with AnyConnect 4.3.x.

webabc123
Level 1
Level 1

We have different PIN requirement depending on whether the user is using a hardware or software token.  I think software tokens only work with numeric PINs and hardware tokens require alphanumeric.  I'm not sure if this is a fixed RSA requirement of if that's configurable in policies.

Is there any way for the AnyConnect client to detect which kind of token the user has assigned to their account and automatically display the appropriate PIN requirement instructions when their PIN is reset or new?

Where do we update the text that displays in the AnyConnect client that explains PIN requirements and also update the text in the legal banner that pops up from the AnyConnect client when the user successfully connects ?

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyconnect by default starts off with accepting both (prompt should show "enter PIN or Passcode"), then based on whether Passcode or PIN is successful, the preferences are saved on the preferences.xml file for the next authentication. After that the prompt should show either "PIN" or "Passcode".

More info on this here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect43/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-3/configure-vpn.html

For text and GUI customization's, you would have to change the customization file (I usually copy off to notepad and re-import back into the section) from then ASDM for en language. The location is here:

Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Customization/Localization > GUI Text and Messages

Banner can be customized under the group-policy using "banner" command or using ASDM here:

Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Add/Edit Internal Group Policy > General Parameters > Banner

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: