cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Desktop without admininstrator privileges

hillegas
Level 1
Level 1

According to CCO documentation, you don't need to have admin privleges (recommended, but not required) on the connecting client to download Secure Desktop. From the testing I've done in the lab with XP SP1 & SP2, this isn't the case. You must either have admin rights or JRE running on the machine. JRE is not a default installation for Windows, and therefore, I don't believe this will work from most Internet cafe's, hotel kiosks, public Internet terminals,... Am I missing something? I'm using IE and I've made the modificatiosn to IE to permit AcitveX and java scripting according to CCO documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/ciscosec/csd/csd30/csdv3rb.pdf

Thanks,

Todd

4 Replies 4

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

yes, you are right. I found the same thing even when i tested the same setup.we do require admin privleges on the connecting client to download Secure Desktop.

Has this been documented? Is it a bug that will be corrected, or is it an error in the documentation that will be corrected, but the admin priv requirement retained?

I am currently working on an SSL VPN solution, and it will require supporting user access from insecure PCs such as public computers. I must assume the worst case for such access, that the user has guest or non-admin privilege level on the PC.

Thanks for your response,

Ron

rickhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same problem. The main justification for us to purchase the VPN 3030 is able to check web email from public kiosks. I'm running the VPN3000-4.7.2.A-k9 and the Secure Desktop version is 3.0.2.278.

HELP!!!

Rick

I have the same issue here. any solution?

regards bernhard