Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selective AnyConnect Push

Folks,

I've got a use case where on a ASA5520 running 9.17 I need to selectively deploy the version 4.x client to users associated with a specific group policy. So, as far as I can tell although you can have Anyconnect version 3.x and 4.x loaded within the ASA filesystem you don't have the ability to assign control the deployment. It appears it's order of priority, so if 3.x is on the top of the list that's the default or likewise 4.x is at the top that is what gets deployed. Seems to me the ASA should have a way to selectively deploy but I'm failing to see how or find any documentation that offers a solution. So does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks, Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot selectively deploy different versions like you're asking from the ASA.

You can provide the installer for the newer version to selected users via an alternative method and it will work fine to connect to the ASA with an older version on disk. As long as the client version is equal to or greater than that verison it will accept their connection.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot selectively deploy different versions like you're asking from the ASA.

You can provide the installer for the newer version to selected users via an alternative method and it will work fine to connect to the ASA with an older version on disk. As long as the client version is equal to or greater than that verison it will accept their connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: