cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Easy VPN in Cisco Configuration Professional, external access problems!

anthgav77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cisco 857 router which is flashed with Cisco Configuration Express 2.6.

Cisco Configuration Professional 2.6 is installed on my PC and I'm trying to configure Easy VPN for access away from the office.

The steps I have taken are as follows:

1) I launched the Easy VPN Server Wizard

2) IP address of Virtual Tunnel Interface is unnumbered to Vlan1 from the drop down menu - Authentication, Pre Shared Key

3) IKE Proposals set to the default option thats already there

4) Transform set is the default which is already there

5) Method list for group policy Lookup is LOCAL

6) User authentication is LOCAL ONLY, the admin account shows up in ADD USER CREDENTIALS which is the account i'm going to test the connection with

7) I have set up a GROUP POLICY which i've named, created a PRE SHARED KEY, created an IP address pool & subnet mask to the same range as the routers addresses and left all other options to default

8) I left cTCP unticked and disabled

9) I delivered the commands succesfully

10) I click TEST VPN SERVER and get 3 ticks successful for Server configuration, dependant components & Firewall

11) I open the cisco client and access the VPN internally using the routers LAN address, it prompts for my user name and password, I type it in and connect successfully

12) When I go home I configure my client to the same settings except I change the LAN address for the external WAN ip address, but I get an error message which says "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding"

VPN Client settings are as follows

Group Authentication

Enable Transparent Tunneling- IPSec over UDP (NAT / PAT)

Currently I have a dynamic external IP address, I intend to get a static one once I know I can get this to work.

I would be extremely greatful if someone could help me solve this issue and work out why I can't connect externally.

I have no knowledge of CLI but will use it if given some instructions.

Thanks.

P.S. I have turned off all antivirus and firewall programs on the client computer when trying to connect.

0 Replies 0